Sinister: New album news

Angela M. Smith angela.msmith at xxx.com
Mon Oct 31 16:47:25 GMT 2005

Here's the original article here:
http://www.nme.com/news/belle-and-sebastian/21375

Belle & Sebastian have named their new album 'The Life Pursuit'.

The follow-up to 2003's Mercury-nominated 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress'
is out on February 6.

The spent the summer in Los Angeles' Sunset Sound studios with Beck
producer Tony Hoffer working on the record.

Singer Stuart Murdoch told NME the seven-piece group threw out their
regular instruments as part of the writing process for the new album.

He revealed: "The process of making the record has been amazing. The
last record had quite a few older songs on it because we were working
with Trevor (Horn) and we wanted to give them a proper go with big
arrangements. This record is all new songs - 18 of them - so it's all
very current. It's us pretty much writing in a circle and writing
within the group."

Working titles include 'Song For Sunshine', 'Funny Little Frog',
'Sukie In The Graveyard', 'Another Sunny Day', 'Act Of The Apostle
Part I' and 'A White Collared Boy'.

(c) IPC MEDIA 1996-2005, All rights reserved