Sinister: screaming babies in the tropical night

Nando Sola nando at xxx.com
Thu Sep 1 02:02:14 BST 2005

Here I am again. Quite alive after a pagan weekend, a loitered monday
and a void tuesday. I've been just riding my bike around the town
again, but it won't do me any good to get some sleep. A night whose
temperature is above 25º is called "tropical night" and unless you
have an air conditioner, your only companion will be insomnia. I
tried to open the window, but instead of rutting howling monkeys and
soothing, alluring jungle night sounds, I have this baby-neighbour of
mine screaming for human milk (or blood) like there was no tomorrow.
Time to look back at my memories,  find new, very painful ways to
slaughter newborns or just go deaf. Speaking of babies, I bumped into
my 1996-1999 crush yesterday afternoon. She has settled down and has
an extremely cute babygirl of her own, whom she was carrying in a
stroller. Btw, she's not into B&S anymore. her boyfriend-and-future-
husband doesn't belong to the swinging Madrid we both once knew.

And shame on me! Today I came to work (2 & a half hours late), after
a night of tapas, beer, bowie and a regrettable discussion about the
nonexistent possibilities of skinny dipping in Madrid. Well, we have
this itty-bitty Manzanares river, but it's more of an open air sewer
full of 3-eyed mutant fishes. I stood up for the good-ol' public
fountains, but we never reached any conclusion. I wish we had
something like Helsinki's Hietaniemi or at least non-gay, *real*
saunas (skinny rolling in the snow at -30º included). I miss all that
healthy scandinavian thingies.

As for my coming late to work, I had this silly moment in the
commuter train when I realized I completely forgot to put my laptop
into my bag, so I had to get back home. DOH! Status: still
hangoverish. Resaca. Write five hundred blank mails to yourself with
"I shall never go out on tuesday" in the subject line.

More things. Now that I am officially a former lurker, I decided to
go to the PopRevolution festival (I loove almost all of the bands in
Labrador). So if any sinisterino feels like guiding this humble
spaniard back into the Light, I'll be there. Krister & Co. kanske?

off to sleep (hopefully)
//NANDO