Sinister: Exile on State Highway 16, Massey

Lawrence Mikkelsen lawrencemikkelsen at xxx.com
Sat Sep 3 21:31:07 BST 2005

So apparently posting to Sinist*r is the new not-posting to Sinist*r.
Awsome. I can't remember the last time I posted properly, but I
definitely used to be a regular cira '99, '00 and '01. Then I got
married, and the day-to-day existence of co-habiting, working
full-time etc. just seemed to get in the way of being able to spend
half an hour every few nights typing up some missive about pop music
and such.

I do, however, keep a LiveJournal, should anyone feel the urge to keep
up to date with what passes for a life here in New Zealand
http://www.livejournal.com/users/suburban_ennui/

Whilst my keyboard would probably disagree, Sinist*r is still very
much in my heart. I flew to Melbourne last year to see B&S play at the
Palais, and was hosted by the lovely Helen Radloff (AKA
Trixiefirecracker). Since then barely a day goes by with email contact
from her. Similarly, Vanessa and I spent 5 weeks in Europe earlier
this yet, and were graciously hosted by one Nik Ovenden in the lovely
city of Edinburgh, and also had a chance to meetup with a few genuine
Glaswegian listees like Stacy, Lucy and Patrick. (And, annoyingly, I
missed out on meeting both James Kirk and Stuart Murdoch by a few
minutes. Arrrgh!)

Anyway, it's great to read posts about some of those-forgotten
posters. Although I, too, would be interested in a Jewowl update. (I
seem to recall she posted here a year or so back, was possibly at Uni,
and was co-habiting with some boy, and seemed fairy happy to have left
high school behind.)

Anyway, it's fathers' day here in NZ, so I'd better dress myself and
go and take my dad out for brunch.

Hope all is well, wherever you are, and especially if you're in New Orleans

Lawrence

PS - Incidentally (and I'm not trying to start a flame war here) but
Dirty Vicar said he doesn't recognise the state of Israel. I'm all for
the Palestinians having their own homeland and all, but I'm wondering
whereabouts he thinks the Jews should live, given that pretty much
every other person in that geographical area seems intent on their
destruction/expulsion?