Sinister: exhibit A: making something out of nothing

idleberry idleberry at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 5 22:26:43 BST 2005

I've been sitting here, remembering the "olden days". Talking on MSN, with a
friend about New Zealand. It was Lawrence Mikkelsen I was thinking of. Just
talking, about people in New Zealand. So I took my friend, to Sinister, and
showed him Lawrence Mikkelsen's latest post.

He read it. "Is that... thee Dirty Vicar?" he asked me. Two e's in thee. I
responded, that yes, it is that web-whore we love so well, Mr Dirty Vicar.
He of Bowlie fame, and Sinister fame. And probably the film, Fame, and Fame
Accademy, and any other fame we wish to subscribe him to.

My friend asked, if I was on "this Sinister thing". I explained that oh yes,
I was. And then I started searching for myself. Not in a deep, and
meaningful soulful manner, just in a shallow, egotistical way. I forgot
about my posts, to Sinister. Blimey.

I suppose the benefit of Bowlie, has always been that I can merrily edit and
delete old posts, from the view of the majority of users. I have found the
requirement to do so, on occasion. It's terribly embarrassing, some of it.
If you could see the colour of shame in my eyes, simply because my cheeks
find it difficult to flush properly. As for Sinister, I don't have that
privilege. However, I did notice, that there wasn't a great deal I felt
embarrassed to read. Although you might think I should. If anything, it
brought back fond memories. Fond memories of a time, when my writing style
was so much better than I'd consider it to be now (except when you go a long
way back, at which point, I do cringe, even from the safety of only my
computer to hide behind). I wish I knew the reason for that. Perhaps its
more to do with the way you influenced me, then. You, you people who sent
such wonderfully written emails, flying into my inbox. With your big words,
your correct grammar, your astounding vocabulary. It's much like reading a
good book. A good book will bring out something from inside you, a feeling,
it inspires intelligence. Sinister maybe, did that for me.

I'm smiling now. I'm smiling because I like this. I like seeing people
posting to Sinister again. For months of quietness, of peace. Of near
silence. A post a week, perhaps. And now, bloody hell, I can't remember
everything you're saying. You all have so much to say! It's wonderful. It's
bliss.

My favourite line of recent posts, belonged to Jo Perry. "Hey kids, shake a
leg.". I wish I knew why, but in my eyes it was just perfect.

Thanks to Stacey for reporting back from the picnic. Alas, I wish I could
have gone, but I had grown up duties to attend to. Not that I'm saying a
picnic isn't an adult thing to do, but I just had... things to do that day.
Things that were pre-planned. Still, it'll all come out in the wash, I
suppose. The photos are making me long for more, more of the Sinister things
again.

I went into Sinister chat, recently. It had people in it! Now there was a
revelation. And Aunt Sadie, went straight into Aunt Sean mode when I
entered.

And Miss Kittenmouse: sorry for shouting at you to post. I'll try and be a
little more controlled in future. But please do it again.

Mark Cassarotto said stuff ages ago. It was about vinyl. I've been vinyl
shopping lately. Last week. It was a while since I last partook in such an
expedition. I think I'm a binge shopper. I don't buy anything for weeks and
weeks and weeks. And then payday is coming, and I've still got some money
left (highly unnatural, I know). So I indulge in something. A couple of
records. But CDs and vinyl. It's like cheap polyester and silk.

Sometimes, I forget we're all older.

Love

idles
xxxx