Sinister: Going Missing

Charlotte Pache charlottepache at xxx.com
Fri Sep 9 09:00:46 BST 2005

I am feeling unaccountably nervous about posting, but emboldened because I
promised I would post if Peter Miller joined the list again and he called my
bluff, and did~E and thanks to Honey for helping me skip through nursery~E
here I am again. Shamefully I did unsubscribe back there, if only because I
got married, changed my life, changed my name, moved house, changed job and
then moved from London to Hong Kong.

Eight years is a very long time. Why, the internet was barely invented back
then! And now an area of the internet the size of Wales is taken up by the
Sinister archives.

I hardly dare look back to see what inanities I was responsible for, but as
a matter of hysterical (sic) record, my first post was in August 1997 and my
last in January 1999. I think that makes me a veteran of sorts. The damage
certainly shows in my face.

I just had a slightly worrying vision of all the hair we Sinisterenes have
grown in those eight years piled up in mounds somewhere. It would surely
stretch to the moon and back several times. And if we were all laid end to
end, I~Rm sure we would enjoy it very much.

As an aside (which I~Rm afraid all my remarks always are anyway), I see that
on amazon.com, people who bought ~SJust a Modern Rock Story~T are also buying
a book called ~SSex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs~T.

Hello, hello, it~Rs good to be back.

Charlotte (nee Hall)