Sinister: I've forgotten how to write amusing subject lines

Stuart Gardiner stugardiner at xxx.com
Sat Sep 10 18:00:45 BST 2005

Or maybe I never knew in the first place. You decide.

Apparently in nouvelle sinister, it is de rigeur (is that enough foreign
words for now? good, I don't know any others) to announce that you're
married. I'm not. Oh well. Mind you, I have discovered much to my amazement
that the old stereotype about American women loving an English accent may
have a grain of truth in it after all ;)

So all the old schoolers are back? Is this some kind of groundhog day thing,
where the list is going to grow and grow for the next three years, and then
everyone suddenly buggers off to some more fashionable non-B&S messageboard?

As was previously traditional, I have to put a mention in every post about
how good The Whitlams are. But now, I'm going to extend it to say how good
the Decemberists are as well. Their last album, Picaresque, included a
catchy-as-hell ditty about being crap at sports, a melancholy ode to two
boys who run away to Portland and become male prostitutes, and an epic
9-minute sea shanty about two men being shipwrecked and swalowed by a whale.
How could it not be the album of the year? Oh, and they're from right here
in Portland. And they've previously supported B&S (gasp! content!). And
they're touring later this year in the US and UK...

Maybe we could do an mp3 tree next time? Like a tape tree, but with better
technology and a rhyming name...

Big Stu

OK, I admit it, I may have a slightly ulterior motive for posting. I'm off
travelling a bit in a couple of weeks. So if anyone in New York City fancies
a pint between Saturday 24th and Wednesday 29th, or in London after that,
give me a shout.