Sinister: All dressed up in ass-kickin' leather

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 17 09:43:05 BST 2005

I've received my first sinister tape tree CD and it's a gem! Mmmm
delightful! I had considered doing an mp3 tree or podcast or something
actually... but I've a soft spot for old fashioned post-related
communication. (And, admittedly don't exactly know how podcasts work...
eeps!) Maybe after the tree is completed/collapsed we can upload the
playlists/mp3 selections to share with everyone else. Maybe. We'll see. One
thing at a time.

In other news, I've been ill with a horrid cold/flu. Practically bed-ridden
for the past two days. I managed to drag myself into work yesterday, but my
death rattle cough sufficiently scared my co-workers into begging me to
leave an hour into the shift. HA! Even with an amazing nonstop LOST marathon
to keep me entertained, it was NO FUN! (The subsequent jungle nightmares and
visions of giant spiders attacking me upon waking were a bit scary as well.)
  And now I totally empathise with those who have long-term illnesses like
ME. I got restless after one day laying about, I can't imagine month-long
stretches! Eeps!

I ran into Stuart last weekend, freshly returned from America and all pouty
about the preparation he has to do for upcoming shows. And what weird shows
they're playing, too. Besides the magnificent sounding Barbicon gig - which
I shall sadly miss :( - they're playing some strange ghetto festival, and
helping open the new Perth concert hall. Coney Island looks fun tho. I've
never been.

His hair has grown out a bit, and makes him look years younger. Nice. He's
also got new Doc Marten boots with his name embroidered in the tab! Like a
posh footballer or something... only in ass-kicking leather! Cos he's so
hard. HA! Hmmm.

Looks like our other Glasgow friends, Franz Ferdinand, are poised for yet
further success. Yay for them eh? I must say, I was secretly delighted by
the results of the Mercury music prize this year. Those pompous Franz
wannabies, Kaiser Chiefs, were certain they had bagged the prize, only to
have relative nobodies Antony and the Johnsons scoop it up from under their
collective stuck-up noses. Wahay! Plus, it was victory for Secretly
Canadian, record label of my beloved Jens! There is justice after all. Well,
a little bit. Occasionally.

Wow. Charlotte Church sure is dirty these days. *Shudder*

Oh, I can't wait for the new Camera Obscura album. They have a new website
http://www.camera-obscura.net and it's so fab!

Okay, I'm beginning to bore even myself here. Time to go and make another
hot toddy. Ha! The one benefit of being ill is the excuse for warm whisky at
9am.

-stacey