Sinister: hullo all

jim taylor purpletrousers at xxx.com
Mon Sep 19 10:32:59 BST 2005

Erm well it's been a while...where to start?

I'm not sure what to type about Liz as I'm feeling a bit lacking in
eloquence this morning, but I was moved to be at the funeral along with so
many of you, and thought it was a fitting follow on gathering in her memory.
I'll say no more. I've thought of her and Rob during my travels.

Another sinister birthday has ticked by, I was sorry to not be around for
celebrations but hope to be seeing a few folk at the barbican on Sunday?

I just got back from a month in the mainly high altitude desert that is
Ladakh, Northern India and more specifically the western end of the Tibetan
plain. I'll save finer points of socio-political discussion with big Stu for
another time, but I learned lots (trekking, staying with families in remote
villages, visited plenty of gompas, long chats with a Rinpoche) and erm
better let folk know... I got married!

Aside from both sets of parents being informed by an email ending (I paste:)
             "...p.s. Got married yesterday!! no joke - see attached photo
and zoom in on rings :)"

There are amusing photos of Sarah & I in traditional dress getting hitched
by a Lama.

One of the strangest phone calls on my return this weekend was with a fellow
sinisterine as we swapped news, but I better let him share his...

Of course the our £2 each wedding rings of  'pure silver'  with "om mani
padme hum" in Tibetan sold to us by a market trader  turn out to be a bit
closer to brass I think, but the £1.50 engagement ring does appear to live
up to its sterling billing.

The Mrs (or Ms?) will be along on Sunday for her 2nd B&S experience, so
we'll some of you then :)

love

jim

P.S. thanks for all your efforts honey!