Sinister: And when honey wakes up, all her friends wake up too...

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 21 11:49:00 BST 2005

[insert long rambling bagpuss parody with Stuart Gardiner as Gabriel the
toad probably, ending with "...but loulu loved her"]

ello babies

I'm sure there must be some sort of decent BOUZER in the barbican
vicinity for Sunday afternoon pre-gig jollity, but frankly one isn't
springing to mind, I'm assuming that one out the back (if it's open on a
Sunday) will be stowed out and, frankly it's a bit rub anyway.

We may have to head to clerkenwell, where at least there are some nice
pubs (it is a wasteland for green spaces though, lincoln's inn field is
about the closest and it's aaages away).  I'm sure something will sort
itself out though.  We could always have a picnic by the fountains in
the barbie itself, but I don't think they're too keen on having gangs of
vagrants (even lovely ones like YOU) hanging about not buying their food
and drink...  I also understand the Kitchenettes are having some sort of
gathering, maybe we should engineer some sort of jets/sharks situation
on the barbican patio and have AN DANCE OFF!

Anyway, from Another Place (well from pitchfork originally, not that I
read it you understand, but hey, PH34R my content):

Fresh from contributing their song "The Eighth Station of the Cross
Kebab House" to the Help: A Day in the Life benefit compilation, Belle
and Sebastian have let slip even more details about their forthcoming
album. As we previously reported, the disc will be titled The
Goalkeeper's Revenge, and will feature such songs as "A White Collared
Boy", "Act of the Apostle Part I", "Another Sunny Day", "Funny Little
Frog", "Song For Sunshine", and "Sukie in the Graveyard".

FUNNY LITTLE FROG????  This better be some sort of balls out rocker and
not the twee nursery rhyme the title suggests or I fear it may rival TEH
CLUNKER...

I got married, but then that was six years ago and only a month or so
after I first joined the list, so I reckon most of you knew that anyhoo.

However, I haven't seen mention of the wedding of Nickie Byrne,
extremely late of this parish, which I attended in Dublin a month or so
ago. Dicky Knee, also very late of this parish, was the best man and a
lovely time was had by all, and it's good to see (possibly only in a
very specific millieu admittedly) that TWATTYBUS (the song) is now
actual wedding disco music, hurrah!

Despite having been a commited badge-wearer for donkey's years, I
recently have been badge-free (which considering the number of so-called
young persons one sees covered in badges these days one can only assume
they haf left the fashion wilderness just as I can't be botherd with
them anymore, typical), EXCEPT for my upside-down bowlie kid badge on my
hat what I wear at festivals.  I think it better make a comeback for
Sunday though, if only so people can say "have you still got that
disgusting rusted thing? Also why is it upside-down?"

Looking through the list of those of you who have delurked over the past
month it is disturbing/delightful how many of you I have met, and each
delurk has been met with an "blimey, it's [x]."  actually this goes for
all of you I haven't met too (yes, YOU).

Hmmm, not the best of sentences, there.  You know what I mean though :)

xoxo
CarsmileSteve