Sinister: This Friday

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Sep 21 16:59:18 BST 2005

Hello!

This Friday, there¹s an extra HDIF as a warm up to the B&S Sinister show on
Sunday. At various points over the last few months I had first Richard and
then Chris from B&S down as guest DJ, but unfortunately both have had to
pull out. So there¹s no guest. As this is a one-off, I wanted to do
something special, so rather than ask one of our previous guests to return
I¹ve come up with a simple idea. As B&S are playing all of ³Sinister² in
order, I thought I should do something to reflect that. So at 11.15 I¹m
going to play all of ³Tigermilk². I¹ll just press play and let it run to the
end. That takes us to midnight and then we carry on. I listened to it again
the other day and it¹s a very very danceable record, with ³Mary Jo² as a
lovely comedown at the end.

Hope to see you there.
Ian x

----------------
Friday September 23rd
Canterbury Arms, Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD, 9pm-2am. £3 for
members, £5 for non members. Membership is free from
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
>From 11.15pm, the Belle & Sebastian album ³Tigermilk² will be played in its
entirerity.

We play: Indie pop, Northern Soul, Tamla Motown, Girl Groups, Sixties
Heartbreak
The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange
Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The
Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight
Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore