Sinister: I need to see CHU alone, KENcel all operations

Rachel fruitloop-Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Mon Sep 26 15:29:06 BST 2005

Hiya Sinister!

Yesterday afternoon I shook hands with JO PERRY (not the guitarist of
Aerosmith, the other Jo Perry) and I promised that I'd post today
from work.  So here I am, rock you like a hurricane. And no. I never
grow tired of quoting The Scorpions.

Yesterday's Sinister meetup and B&S gig at the Barbie-Ken here in
London was tons of fun.  I am sorry that those of you who could not
attend missed out.  It started out as a nice picnic at Finsbury
Circus atop the well-manicured hill. The weather was somewhat sunny
when we got there and it was really nice to have our snacks and booze
together. In attendance were KEN CHU (still unmarried), myself, the
above-mentioned JO PERRY (not the guitarist of Aerosmith, the other
Jo Perry), SAM WALTON, GRAINNE LYNCH, FIONA FAIRBAIRN, CARSMILE
STEVE, ROBSTER BRENNAN, PAUL HEALEY, JORDI TRENZANO, OLA SZKUDLAPSKA
and as we were about to transform our picnic into a pubnic, PINEFOX
arrived. My apologies if I have forgotten anyone!

No sooner than we decided to move on to the King's Head pub near the
Barbie-Ken, it started raining.  At first just a random sploosh on
the scalp, and then suddenly a full-on shower.  We had to take
shelter a couple of times on our way, but managed to get there
eventually. ROBSTER captured a brilliant photo of how wet KEN got.
Once in the pub, other familiar faces and/or names with new faces
showed up, so many that I probably couldn't name them all, but
including MARK CASAROTTO, JIM PURPLE TROUSERS TAYLOR and SARAH MRS
PURPLE TROUSERS, OLIVIER and ROCIO, and even my better half BEN APPS.
 KEN had smuggled in CARSMILE STEVE'S sausage and was practically
forcing it into people's mouths. We were glad that we didn't get
caught, KEN said it really filled him up. Some of the folks without
tickets to the gig managed to get tickets, and that was very
exciting. Some members of B&S were in the pub, too and some of the
kids went to talk to them.  the place was packed and there was a real
buzz in the air.

The gig itself was amazing - really good fun. The first few songs
they played weren't on Sinister, including what sounded to be like a
new one - a really good song. Also as if fulfilling a request by SAM
WALTON they played Electronic Renaissance. Then they launched into
Sinister and Stuart forgot lyrics almost immediately.  Their sound
was so good that a few missed out or modified lyrics added an element
of old skool charm. During Judy and The Dream of Horses, Stuart
called some dancing kids up on stage and they went mad. The encore
was an array of other favourites including twattybus.  People got up
out of their seats and danced. It was a really good time.

That's about all I have time to write as I'm supposed to be working -
I'm sure some of the others in attendance might have something to say
about it, too!

love,
Rachel fruitloop