Sinister: The scars of Jack and Jill

kenneth.chu at xxx.uk kenneth.chu at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 30 16:02:43 BST 2005

Dear colleagues,

Here are the minutes of the last presentation on 25th Sept.

Present
=======
Stuart Murdoch, Stevie Jackson, Sarah Martin, Chris Geddes, Mick Cooke,
Richard Colburn, Bob Kildea, Cute Violinists

Apologies
=========
Isobel Campbell, Stuart David

Agenda
======
1. Slow Graffiti
2. Another Sunny Day
3. Women's Realm
4. The Loneliness of The Middle Distance Runner
5. Electronic Renaissance
6. IYFS Album In Full (ref: http://www.jeepster.co.uk/showdisc.php?id=1)
7. Dog On Wheels
8. The Boy With The Arab Strap
9. The Wrong Girl
10. I'm A Cuckoo
11. If You Find Yourself Caught In Love

Discussions/Action
==================
1. Lyrics notes for 'Slow Graffiti' were missing on three occasions
   but the audiences were able to provide backup copies.
2. 'Another Sunny Day' was a new song that sounded a little bit Country
   upon first hearing, and it was pretty good, too.
3. Electronic Renaissance was GRATE! even though Stevie didn't quite
   manage the end instrumental solo bit with a blowy device
   (action: KC to find out what that device was)
4. 'If you're feeling sinister' was very well rehearsed and I think lyrics    were very rarely forgotten if at all during this.  At the end of 'Judy    and the Dream of Horses', there was a standing ovation.
6. 'Dog on Wheels' and 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' made me very grinny
7. Stuart sang the word 'wank' properly at the end of 'The Boy With The
   Arab Strap'
8. 'The Wrong Girl' and 'I'm a Cuckoo' made everyone stand up and dance

So yes, that was the gig.  It was so so good.  I was sitting there slouched on the (very comfy!) Barbican sofa, a beer in hand, thinking how good the sound was at the Barbican, how lovely the music is and how it was just the life and that if I had £25 on me every night and it's possible I'd go back
and see the same thing over and over again.

I'm properly reporting back because I seem to be reporting backwards too, the picnic was also lovely - so many faces turned up, together with their bodies - and we even made it to the top of the hill!  It was very nice and I was particularly happy that we've eventually remembered the proper name of the things you bowl with in a game of bowls.

And before the picnic Sam, Jo, and I saw STUART MURDOCH, and SARAH MARTIN,
AND
BEANS, AND IN FACT THE WHOLE BAND WITH LOADS OF THEIR GEAR* just walking
down
the street and through to the Barbican where they were to do their sound
checks.  Stuart was very thrilled to see us.  "Hi!"  I think he said.

Energy drinks based love,
Ken

*   INSTRUMENTS**, not drugs.
**  MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, not instruments with which to consume drugs***.
*** or at least so I hope

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.