Sinister: Oh!

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Tue Apr 4 00:58:05 BST 2006

Hello Sinisters.

Wow. The list really has come to life again! For a while there I thought
you'd all left sinister, kind of like I'd gone to the loo at this amazing
party and when I came back, everyone had gone home. Hmm. Not saying I spend
a crazily long amount of time on the loo. Oh, see, I can't even get simple
metaphor thingies right.

How have you all been doing? I'm afraid the sheer amount of posts that
waited for me in this mail folder (I don't use this e-mail anymore) is a bit
overwhelming, and right now I'm quite sleepy, so you'll have to excuse me
for not reading through them all. But I do see a lot of familiar names, and
that makes me smile.

I live in Beverley in East Yorkshire now with my boyfriend, as he works for
a newspaper here (well really based in Hull) and we live in a house
together. We rent it from an eccentric posho old lady who has what should be
described as "classy" interior skills, but a lot of the time is a bit more
sort of OTT Russian style. We have dark red velvet curtains in our master
bedroom! A dark wood-bed that is actually pretty, and these hysterical
wallpaper on the upper half of 19th century people looking romantic, with
little cupids around. A love shack indeed.

Best of all there is a beauty table. It makes me feel all fifties, apart
from the fact that there is not enough space between the chair we put there
and the table's beginning, so a lot of the time I manage hurting my legs a
bit. Oh clumsy ol' me.

So. I'm unemployed, and when not looking for a job spend my days in silly
ways. Like baking stuff, or recording music, or choosing my outfit for an
hour almost and then changing three times even though I only need to go to
tesco.

This autumn I will start uni, I almost count as a mature student! I'll be
turning 20 this summer (Holy shit, I'm in my twenties soon?!) and they draw
the line at 21. I'll be studying media, culture and society, which seems
like a brilliant superace new degree, mainly focusing on media but getting a
bit of politics and sociology and film studies and what have you. Hurrah!

The best things about living in England are:

-Getting to live in a house with my boyfriend
-Always feeling like I'm on holiday in the sense that i'm still not used to
left-side traffic or the architecture and all that.
-The tv shows
-Travelling around
-The great selection of veggie food
-Being able to buy booze at food stores

The worst things about living in England are:

-I'm far away from family and friends in Sweden who I miss terribly
-Including the two house cats!
-People eat much fattier, greasier foods and because I can buy 12 bags of
crisps for 58p it is quite possible I will.
-Cooking and baking (translating ingredients and stuff, and then trying to
find them)
-Missing out on fun Swedish stuff that couldn't be imported, as it could be
in Sweden

Soon I will be going home to Stockholm for a week. Oh it's next week
actually. Eep! I'm quite nervous. With fitting everything in, and having
enough time for everyone (there never is) and just the emotional state of
mind I get into... it's strange but sometimes my mum and i or my sisters and
i get a bit annoyed with each other or angry even just because it's kind of
hard to have a great time and then leave so soon again. I really really
really miss them.

Well. My new exciting beach 2006-friendly life starts tomorrow, although I
have started it a bit already with healthier foods and more regular
exercise, but, I need to get up a bit earlier tomorrow so now I'm going to
bed.

Just popped in to say hello, really.

Hope you're all well.
MWAHS.