Sinister: new single - ulp!

Peter Miller pj.miller.68 at xxx.com
Tue Apr 4 10:27:10 BST 2006

> Secondly, there's been little discussion about "Late
> Night Tales"
> compilation and I was wondering what people thought?
> Personally, I
> think it's a bit disapppointing. It could (I think)
> have just as
> easily been called "Chris Geddes: Late Night Tales"
> rather than "Belle
> & Sebastian: Late Nigth Tales". OK, so making a mix
> like this is
> probably a consensus exercise between seven people
> with quite
> different musical tastes, but I can't help feeling
> like they tried a
> little _too_ hard to make it as un-indie as
> possible. I mean, really,
> Stuart has always been very vocal about the music he
> likes, but other
> than "French Disko" I'm wondering where all his
> favourites are? (And,
> again, I know there's more to making a mix than just
> sticking your 20
> favourite songs on a CD) Surely Felt would have made
> the grade? Or
> Orange Juice, or some of the other 80s indie which
> was clearly quite
> an influence. Or something. It's a sad state of
> affairs when a Steve
> Miller band song is my favourite song on the album.

There is a lengthy interview with Young Murdoch in
this month's Record Collector in which he reveals that
he had nowt to do with Late Night Tales, it is all, or
nearly all, the work of Chris and Mick. I only had a
quick skim through the interview at the airport, but
it looked quite good as far as these things go. Then
again, I like Record Collector. They ask Stewpot about
his collection, and indeed about *our* collection.
Basically, if you found one of the clues on the
treasure hunt, you are quids in. Probably. Unlike if
you have an original Tigermilk, the last one went for
a measly £136.

I read about the new single in the NME. I have not
seen or heard mention of it elsewhere. I am unexcited.

I would like a "digital copy" of that Kebab Shop song,
given that I paid for one and then the server was "too
busy", and I don't even live in New Zealand.

Peter