Sinister: Is your belly fat, is your man a twat?

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Sun Apr 9 15:15:38 BST 2006

Good afternoon Sinister,

Well Belle and Sebastian are absolutely EVERYWHERE now aren't they? After
getting home from the recent Hammersmith Apollo gig in London we saw a TV
advert for The Life Pursuit! Next, the BBC predictably used The Blues Are
Still Blue for their post match montage after Chelsea knocked Newcastle out
of the FA Cup. Then, this week I discovered the band appearing at my
workplace:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brapps/125644327/

With all the truckloads of cash the band will be making as a result of the
extra publicity Rough Trade are paying for this time around, it makes me
wonder if the next album will be their post fame comedown album, full of
tales of cocaine abuse and how everyone pretends to be your friend.

Bought the new single on Monday. The Life Pursuit is pleasant enough without
being memorable, which makes it a disappointment in my eyes, and Mr Richard
(Presumably a Stevie song as he sings it) sounds like a sixties latineqsue
ditty that borrows it's catchiest riff from Blister in the Sun. Still, the
The Blues Are Still Blue is a worthy A side and at least the cover photos
are monochrome.

See yous later

Ben

www.brapps.net