Sinister: Ruudy and his dream of horses

kenneth.chu at xxx.uk kenneth.chu at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 10 16:14:17 BST 2006

Well hellow there,

See, remember way back in September last year when B+S did that lurverly
Don't Look Back thingie and they did the whole of IYFS in order from start
to finish?  Remember?  The one that was great, yeah?  It was so good that it
inspired me to make the next 10 sinister posts from that day to be titled by
IYFS puns, in track listing order.

Except whilst posting from an airport in my haste in November I cocked it up
and so the order got all fucked.  So 7 months on, 2 gigs later here's the
last one of the lot.  10 posts in 7 months!  You must have missed me.

Nobody wrote about the exciting VIRGIN MEGASTORE EXTRAVAGANZA last Monday!
Where B+S played a set in celebration of their new single at the Virgin
Megastore on Oxford Street, and signed records, and it was all free!

It was quite exciting you know, seeing a band I like at the Virgin
Megastore, because I always thought that only bands I don't like would play
Virgin Megastores.  I don't think it's a thing against Virgin Megastores,
but more just a victim mentality of me with being fans of the indie musical
bands and I get used to being jealous of other fans of bands who do proper
publicity and that.

So it's kind of fun to have B+S being a bit more orthodox, I guess, these
days: with festival tours and Match of the Day air-time and single launch
thingies and singles that are off the albums, and songs on video jukeboxes
at It's A Scream pubs and all that.

Anyway the setlist was something like

- Another Sunny Day
-[two songs here maybe both from DCW maybe Wrapped up in Books and I'm a
Cuckoo but actually I can't remember go me!!]

- Brief "Ticket to Ride" interlude

- The Blues are Still Blue
- She's Losing It

So yeah!  It was fun.  The sinister contingent were represented by at least
5, from at least 3 continents.  Get in.

Several people have mentioned picnics lately, I wonder if it's because the
sun is out and we all remember how good the sun is.  There should be
sinisterfitba, as well.  I played some fitba with some sinister folks and
some other folks just yesterday, on Primrose Hill, in fact.

You should join in.  We should picnic.
Innit.

Ken
P.S.: Who on this bitch is going to ATP weekend 2??  I am going and I seem
to like some of the bands playing!  I'm scared that I might end up ACTUALLY
SEEING BANDS, so I'll be needing people to keep me at the Queen Vic, can any
of you help?

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.