Sinister: This Saturday - Lawrence from Felt DJs at HDIF in London

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Fri Aug 18 12:44:54 BST 2006

Hello!

We're very very pleased to announce that our guest DJ at HDIF this Saturday
is none other than Lawrence Hayward from Felt. I've dreamed of Lawrence
DJ-ing at HDIF ever since the start of club, so I'm overjoyed that he's
agreed to come and play some records for us. I really can't wait for this
one! There's the usual guest list contest. To stand a chance of getting on
the list, simply complete this phrase:

"I deserve to get in for free because..."

Plus!

Reviews are starting to come in of the HDIF compilation and they've all been
glowing so far! "Forget the forthcoming C86 revival at the ICA already. This
is the real sound of the indiepop underground," reckon Plan B magazine.
"Charming indie compilation," agree The Guardian. "A splendid who's who of
the best in contemporary underground Pop sounds," say Tangents. "This is
what indiepop is all about," declare Glasswerk. "This is quite simply one of
my LPs of the year. Compilation or not. It hangs together beautifully," say
Lostmusic.

Phew!

We're taking orders for the compilation now from:
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/hdiflabel.html

We're celebrating the release of "The Kids At The Club" with a launch party
on Friday September 8th at the Windmill in Brixton featuring Lucky Soul,
Irene, Language Of Flowers and The Gresham Flyers. For more info go to
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/hdiflivesept.html
Tickets are onsale from here:
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/11370

That's it! Hope to see you on Saturday!

Ian x

----------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday August 19th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP, three minutes walk from
Oxford Circus tube station, 9pm-3am, £4 members, £6 non members. Membership
is free from http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Lawrence Hayward (Felt)

We play:
The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange
Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The
Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight
Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore * The Orchids

--
http://www.ianwatsonuk.com