Sinister: Wii rule the school (and BOWLING this sat)

Ian Halliday ian.halliday at xxx.com
Wed Dec 27 22:05:26 GMT 2006

Hi Kenneth and Miss Honey and fellow Sinisterenes,

It's a while since I've typed Sinisterenes and I had to look several
times to check I'd got it right, but that could be because my eyes are
still blurry after the Christmas dissipation and celebrations and
listening to the old B&S Christmas stuff I got sent last year.
But anyway, to business. Kenneth mentioned (i) the non-delivery of
something and (ii) that something was a Wii, which inspired me to
print. I ordered a beautiful Lonely Planet photo book as an extra
present for my wife some time early in December and the nice lady I
spoke to assured me it would be delivered in plenty of time for
Christmas. But as it was only a little extra present and I was using
credit card loyalty points for it, I didn't give it a second thought
till yesterday, another word I can't type, when I realised it wasn't
here yet. I'll have to give them a call and see what has happened.
And the second thing was that suddenly my mother-in-law announced that
she was thinking of buying a Wii for my sons, not out of generosity,
but because she wants to play Wii tennis herself and can't believe
that anyone of 70 could credibly buy a Wii.
She said she couldn't possibly go to a shop and say she wanted a Wii,
and that could be right, but it's such a cheap, old and vulgar joke by
now. Matthew suggested she might call it a W-something or maybe a Why,
and could compound the apparent ignorance by talking about
nine-ten-do.
And while I'm writing stream of consciousness nonsense before going
off to listen to the Archers again, I may as well tell you about the
dream I had a while ago, when I went down into my living room to find
a room stuffed with games consoles and a bill for £28,796.40 because
I'd ordered 360 Xboxes rather than one Xbox360. That was a terrible
dream, and it was all in the dream, except for the amount, which I had
to work out.
And for those few of you who care about such things, I get to start a
proper job at a bank on January 2nd, after eighteen months of trying
to find a job and spending the rest of the time cyberslacking.

Ian
wishing you all a happy new year
--
Ian W Halliday, BA Hons, SA Fin, ATMG, CL
+44 772 546 2965 (GMT)