Sinister: It's rainy, and I'm feeling jaded.

Andrea Young kittenmouse at xxx.com
Fri Feb 3 17:19:44 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

 This may be my last attempt to post, before giving up altogether. I
think there is some sort of HAL9000-like computer running the back-end
part of this list that doesn't like gmail. Anyway, I'll try.

 To be honest, I don't know if I want to hear the new album. There is
something a bit weird about all those new fans that I overhear talking
about them while walking around the E. Village, and the fact that they
released an album only on iTunes music store, which isn't the most
progressive outlet in the world for music, in my opinion. I really
don't like it when I read this sort of crap: "oh yeah, I really don't
like If You're Feeling Sinister...blah blah blah...pretentious
lyrics...blah blah...Dear Catastrophe Waitress is so much better" on
amazon dot com. Sure, everyone has a right to their opinion, but maybe
I also have the right to bludgeon you in the head with a durian fruit
as well, don't I? I just really hate going to a show and having to put
up with assholes talking on their cellphones behind me. I guess you
could say my current attitude towards the band would be "I really like
you, but I despise your new friends." I long for the time when we
still barely knew what the band looked like. The mystery was still
there, and we could whisper about it in weird little conversations on
IRC and late-night college radio.

 In other news, my old school finally deleted the Kittenmouse Radio
website. It makes sense, since I graduated three and a half years ago
now, but it still makes me mad. It's archived on my laptop at home, so
if anyone wants to host some sort of Kittenmouse museum on their
webspace, I would be forever in your debt. It just feels bad not to
have it up anymore.

 I'm going to the Portland show, since all those jerks I mentioned two
paragraphs up took all the NYC tickets before I had a chance to buy
any.  I'm not downloading their album off of bittorrent, either, even
though I could. Ya gotta have something to look forward to in life.

 Anyway, thanks for listening. Hi to Ken P. Chu, Archel, Eric Brasure,
Honey, Partick, and anyone I may have talked to in sinister IRC or who
ever listened in to my old show (still hoping I can invade KEXP if I
ever make it to Seattle).

 Yours,
 Andrea

 p.s. Off topic, but if you're in Animal Crossing, I'm Pandy in
BearCity (yeah, like the SNL video). I'll post my friend code later if
you post yours.