Sinister: in pursuit of a penis

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Mon Feb 6 22:03:20 GMT 2006

Wotcha!

Having resisted the temptation to listen to the entire album before it's
release date, I scampered down to 'aitch em vee on my way to work, and
plumped for the special edition bonus dvd version of the album.

My own portable CD player having packed up a few years ago I cleverly hid
Rachel's pink Hello Kitty one inside the HMV bag and pressed play.

The first half of the album quickly gained my approval. The T-Rexish stomp
of The Blues are still Blue is an early favourite. Things progress nicely
(I'm loving Sarah's 'bada bada bada's' on We are the sleepyheads) until the
first stumbling block for me, "Song for Sunshine". I can't get "Hello
Sunshine" by the Super Furries out of my head. "To be myself completely"
failed to really get going. Not sure if it's a Stevie song, he's certainly
singing the lead. Nice to see the closer referencing one of London's most
attractively restored tube stations (or the Radio 4 show/game).

Overall from 2 listenings I give The Life Pursuit 10/13.

Monsieur Carsmile was suggesting some Pre-Hammersmith Gig pubbage. But I
seek clarification about which establishment should be the meeting place. I
can't hold my booze like I used to and despite it's close proximity to Apps
Towers am not too familiar with the various merits of Hammersmith's
hostelries. If anyone can recommend a decent one me and my other half will
certainly see you there!

ttfn

Ben