Sinister: An Alias in Belfast

Simon Fallaha psi_fla at xxx.com
Mon Feb 6 22:55:14 GMT 2006

Hello everyone.

Spent the whole of last year as a lurker. At least I
think I did. Not sure why, but anyhow...

I'm brought back to the mailing list by tomorrow's
Belfast gig. I know James (Jackson) is going, I know
I'm going, but...who else on this list is going?

There must be a fair few. I remember seeing B & S at
Oxegen 04 near Dublin and the turnout was immense. As
it was in the Mandela Hall back in 2001. I wonder if
the Ulster Hall will be as full tomorrow night.

Well, James suggested meeting up before the gig, and
I'm up for it too if anyone else is interested.

Additionally...

The Life Pursuit is growing on me. I must have sang my
way through The Blues Are Still Blue at least twice
yesterday. I wonder if, pretty soon, I could be
calling it better than DCW.

Finally, what songs do I hope to hear at the gig,
along with the new material? Well, I'd like them to
play:

TBWTAS (of course), There's Too Much Love, Women's
Realm, The Wrong Girl, The Model, Step Into My Office
Baby, I'm A Cuckoo and Wrapped Up In Books, among
others. Needless to say they won't have time for all
those, but it'd be nice to hear a few of 'em.

That's it for now...chat later.

Si

PS Just watched an episode of Alias partly set in
Belfast. Talk about stereotypical misrepresentation.
(Ricky Gervais was in this one too - alas, allowing
him to keep his accent made his line delivery too
Brent-ish for my liking.)