Sinister: Looksies

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Tue Feb 7 20:16:18 GMT 2006

Sinisterrrs,

It's about time I passed on a few nudges below from people I've
received in the last week towards interviews and video footage of the
band in the wake of the new LP.  Firstly an interview with Stupot by
the Onion AV Club in Chicago.  Then BBC Scotland mailing us to tell
us they've put up the whole of the recent performance of the band
as streaming video, complete with students dressed up in the 21st
century's interpretation of 70s fashion (a Stalinesque rewriting of
history if ever I saw one: if you *really* want to look authentically
70s, stop using skin and hair products and live solely on Findus
Crispy Pancakes for a year or so).  And finally, seeing as we're all
hip with teh internets now, video interviews from Faceculture with
Richard and the usually shy and retiring Bob, which I haven't watched
yet but appear charmingly like watching a Dutch version of Parkinson.

Seeing Bob talk is a bit of a surprise.  It's a bit like watching
a badger who you've spent years peeking at through infrared cameras
on your lawn at night suddenly stand up in a hat and coat and hold
a press conference.

Also Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh wished me to mention that they'll
have that Bumper Book of B&S Cartoons in soon.

Sadly, none of these nudges I get come with freebies enticing me to
publicise them.  You can interpret that as either me proudly stating
that the list remains fiercely independent, or me moaning a bit.
I bet if I was running the James Blunt list I'd be deluged with tasty
foodstuffs and shiny little presents all the time.

I liked Alexis Petridis's piece from the Guardian, it made me
giggle a little and it's nice to see B&S fans still characterised
as fiercely loyal and venomous nutters.  I thought that view was
becoming unfashionable since those halcyon days five years ago when
the NME called us a peculiarly deranged fanbase and sick posse
of f**ked in the head psycho-fans as immortalised in the footer
(their peculiarly prudish asterisks, not mine).  Yay we're back!

Honey x