Sinister: Unable to think of a new pun

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Thu Feb 9 01:26:12 GMT 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Rachel Playforth wrote:

> We Are The Sleepyheads hasn't made much of an impact on me at all, could be
> any guitar band bar the voice really :(

Aw Archel.  Being list mum is a bit like being The Queen - as a rule I
don't officially hold an opinion on constitutional matters like whether
a new LP's good or a load of old rubbish, where official means mailing
the list, rather than what I gossip about elsewhere.  But you've
made me break my psychotic and pointless self-imposed rule, open my
perennial yellow handbag and declare with royal mandate that I *like*
Sleepyheads, probably more than any other song on the LP.  And this
coming from a stodgy old monarch who still maintains blasphemously
that Electronic Renaissance is a bit out of place on Tigermilk, like
a mad science experiment involving eye of newt that you stumble across
on page 58 of Lancet.  Oops, there, now I've done it again.

I really like Sleepyheads!  I can't think of a better remix of Bowie's
"Sound and Vision" (because, let's face it...) - much better than
The Sea And Cake's version.  I hope this doesn't get them sued.
And I LOVE the rising "bada-bada-bada" just after the first line or
three of Stuart's.  It makes the little robin in my heart tweet.

Not you, Stout, although I can't think of a nicer Robin to build a
little nest there if you like.  I'll fetch some twigs.

What I'm wondering is, as I can't attend concerts because of my
laborious royal duties, if any of you concert-goers could tell me if
they try to play it live, and if so, if they manage to still make
it so crispily and metallic?  I can imagine it might end up like a
soggy dishcloth live.

I hold no constitutional position on the rest of the LP (other than to
say that someone's been watching a lot of Top of the Pops from 1974)
and members should feel free to vote according to conscience.

Blue blue electric blue...
Honey x