Sinister: NY Picnic, anyone?

Jay Eckard jayeckard at xxx.com
Sat Feb 11 15:33:23 GMT 2006

Dear Sinister --

   I almost never get up early on Saturdays. But I did today, because my
nose was bleeding and I couldn't get back to sleep. I took care of that, and
then read all the past few weeks' worth of your posts. Heady stuff, that. It
was quite pleasant -- the house was all quiet and still, and Sebastian, the
(Bassett) Hound of Rock was keeping my feet warm underneath the computer
desk.
   I've been pondering how I can get him into the Nokia Theater for the New
York show next month. He should see his partial namesake, after all. I'm
stuck between pretending he's my Seeing Eye Bassett (a fatal idea, using him
as a Guide Dog. He'd drag you into the streets if he smelled something
interesting) or putting him in a little duffle-bag, a la chihuahuas on the
subway. But he's 50 pounds (no clue what that is in kilowatts or whatever
that funny metrics is) and that's a lot to haul around. But there would be a
lot of new things for him to sniff...
   In other less Doggy pursuits, I think there should be some manner of
Picnic before the New York gig. I am completely willing to organize it, if
people are willing. So, if there's interest email me (places and ideas
welcome) and we'll see what transpires.
--
"If you can't be great/
You may as well be bright."

"There's more to life than books, you know/
  But not much more..."
                      The Smiths