Sinister: better early than never

Krister Bladh kristerbladh at xxx.org
Mon Feb 20 22:14:38 GMT 2006

hi all!

sorry to bother you about this, but there MIGHT be a chance someone is interested in two tickets for the b&s gig in copenhagen May 19th. right? oh well...

i think the new album is great btw. especially stevie's new northern hit! it will definitely be in my next dj-set (hm... next to james carr maybe?). speaking of dj-ing - things seem to be going in the right direction for chris jones' band! last friday i had the exquisite pleasure of dancing to both "tuesday girl" and "other boys" at my local indie club. needless to say, i ALWAYS play Tales of Jenny when i'm doing the record-playing! memo to all indie labels: sign them - now!

oh, and there's an academic essay on c86 over here: http://www.indie-mp3.co.uk/2005/12/c86-essay.html (twenty years ago this year, if haven't noticed.) seeing as b&s are often said to be inspired by the scene, although i fail to see the connection. except for the servants, of course. struan DID try recruiting david westlake for the band, you know. and the new servants comp to be released this month is the best news i've heard for ages!

anyways, i'm off to glasgow after the summer! will be nice to see those of you i met there last summer.

love,

chris