Sinister: Belle & Sebastian News Message - US and Canada Tour (fwd)

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Fri Jan 6 13:10:42 GMT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:00:21 +0000
To: "lulou at crockery.org" <lulou at crockery.org>
Subject: Belle & Sebastian News Message - US and Canada Tour

It is with great joy and excitement that we bring you news of Belle & Sebastian's biggest ever US and Canadian tour. 22 shows in 18 cities. We are going to be joined on amost all these dates by very special guests The New Pornographers. One exception is Vancouver. I can't remember why. The other exception is Austin, where we will be joined by Mogwai, Cat Power and Pretty Girls Make Graves. In fact, it's not really our show as such, it's a Matador SXSW show, and unfortunately that means very few of you are going to get in, as the vast majority of places are taken by SXSW pass holders. Sorry about that. There will be some tickets made available in a couple of weeks apparently, but for the moment there's nothing.

You'll notice that not all the ticket information there is quite complete. Keep checking back and it'll appear soon enough. Also, if I may save you the time and bother it'll take to write in and complain about booking fees. We know! But we can't do anything about it! Almost all the venues have exclusive deals with the big ticket agencies, so either we just swallow it or we play places so small that a) we don't fit and b) only 150 people get in. At least this way you get the choice of whether to buy a ticket or not. Clearly it's not the cheapest ticket on the market either, but it costs what it costs and I think the addition of The New Pornographers makes it pretty decent value for money. Rest assured that nobody is laughing all the way to the bank. Except the ticket agencies...

Anyway, the dates in full are below. Check www.belleandsebastian.com for details of where to get tickets.

Feb 25th Toronto - The Docks

Feb 26th Montreal - Metropolis

Feb 27th Boston - Avalon

Feb 28th Boston - Avalon

March 2nd NYC - Nokia Theatre

March 3rd NYC - Nokia Theatre

March 4th Philadelphia - Electric Factory

March 5th Washington - 9.30 Club

March 6th Washington - 9.30 Club

March 8th Nashville - Ryman Auditorium

March 9th Louisville - Brown Theatre

March 10th Chicago - Riviera

March 11th Milwaukee - Riverside Theatre

March 12th Minneapolis - Orpheum Theatre

March 14th Dallas - Granada Theatre

March 15th Austin - Stubbs (Matador SXSW Show)

March 18th LA - Wiltern

March 19th LA - Wiltern

March 21st SF - Concourse @ The SF Design Center

March 23rd Portland - Roseland Ballroom

March 24th Vancouver - Commodore

March 25th Seattle - Paramount

Also, while you're online, if you could spare a second to vote for us here... http://www.mtv2europe.com/nmeVote.jhtml we'd be very grateful. We go to all the effort and expense of making these videos. It would be nice if they were to be seen from time to time.

Thanks,

B&S and Banchory