Sinister: Curtain rods

Matilda Liljedahl twistlittlegirl at xxx.com
Wed Jan 11 13:52:16 GMT 2006

Hi,

I felt I wanted to tell the world about how I've finally managed to put my
curtain rods in place. It's been a four month long process filled with
discouraging failures. I don't think anyone can understand how happy it
makes me feel that I've finally succeed. I think maybe it was worth the
wait, cuz the relief now is so great. Today I'm going to add the curtains,
which are, of course, more important than the curtain rods, but not the
least as tricky to put in place, althought it's neccesary to get the curtain
rods properly in place first, which I've done now. Until this day I've had a
blanket covering my window, attached to the wall with drawing pins, so that
pulling the it to the side have been impossible. The thing is my apartment
is on ground level so living without any kind of curtain is not an option.
The only thing my neighbours have seen of my apartment is my Star Wars box,
which is placed in the window frame, in front of that blanket that is never
pulled aside. I can imagine what kind of picture they have of me.

Lately I've also been buying a lot of records (again). I think it's almost
scaring how music can make me feel quite good and actually bring some
meaning to life, as can poetry and art. I guess what scares me is that I
might not appreciate real life as much as made-up stories and music. But
then I think fantasy is necesarily a part of real life and vice verce and
maybe I'm not fleeing at all.

And I've got another thing to say: I love my job. Maybe bacause it's only
five hours every second week, but I thought I'd still consider it a
disaster. I've found out that I actually like running stairs up and down,
and bycykling  around, giving people their local newspaper. The paper itself
happens to be crap, heavily sponsored by local companies. Most of the
articles are about how the customers of some company in town are totaly
ovejoyed about the good service and high-quality products. Despite of this,
people seem to like recieving the paper, but I don't think that is the most
important reason of why I' m loving my job. Maybe it's the running whilst
listening to music in my sheep headphones which adds crackling sound to
every song, and how I'm dead tired when I'm finished. I feel like I'm a hard
working girl. I guess it's the perfect complement to my mainocuaption,
poetrywriting and abstract thinking.

I recorded Crazy Little Frog from the radio some weeks ago, but I could only
listen to it one single time, then the recorder ate the tape up. Since I've
only heard the song once I can't really decide wether that was a compliment
or a diss.

But let's hope it was a good omen. The new record will be swell and we will
all be very very happy.
Love/Matilda