Sinister: The dogs in the 'stow

kenneth.chu at xxx.uk kenneth.chu at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 19 12:56:44 GMT 2006

Hi guys,

It's been a while, no?

Just around Christmas time I was at a bus stop, and was listening to my iPod
which was in my pocket.  I cannot remember now what exactly happened: it may
have involved me trying to re-adjust the orientations of the testes, but
anyway it ended up with the iPod falling out of my pocket and onto the
ground.  A lady who was also at the bus stop gasped in horror, possibly
because of the iPod or possibly she was just appalled by my public scrotum
antics.  Either way, "Love is an arrow" by Aberfeldy was still going strong
so I got on the bus.

Then, just after the sweet guitar break and the chap was about to start the
verse again, the iPod skipped to the next song, and the next, and the next,
without actually playing any of them.. While I was glad that it skipped the
Barry Manilow for me I took issues when it bypassed "The kids aren't
alright".  So I turned it off, to try and talk some sense into it.  And,
unfortunately I think Aberfeldy has become its swan song, as the iPod failed
to start again in any meaningful way.

So now I'm commuter-musicless.  This is where I turn to you, my lovely
sinisters, for advice.

Should I..
A) spend a load of money on another mp3 player (but perhaps one that is more
rugged than the iPod)
B) get a new fangled mobile phone that plays mp3s, this seems the ideal
option at the moment if I can get a good one for FREE.
C) go OLD SKOOL, and get myself a cassette-tape walkman (it ain't gonna skip
on me that's for sure!)
D) read on my way to work instead of listening to toons.
E) bring a guitar and sing on the bus to work
F) get a girlfriend who will serenade me instead
G) get a new iPod, and a girlfriend who will do future bodily adjustments
for me while I hold the iPod firmly in my hands.
H) quit work and listen to tunes at home all day.
I) none of the above (other suggestions:
______________________________________)

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken
P.S.: An update for those who follow my epic struggle to find a B+S ticket
in either London, Glasgow, or Cambridge: I still don't have a ticket for
either London, Glasgow (now past), nor Cambridge.  However in a dramatic
switch of fortunes, I do now have two tickets for Brighton, anyone want to
come with, serenade me on my train journey down?

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.