Sinister: o (sinister) canada

layla itsbeenabloodystupidday at xxx.ca
Sat Jan 21 02:26:36 GMT 2006

dear sinister,

my name is layla. i have been lurking on this list for
about a year or so. i'm the reticent type, i rather
like lurking. i've enjoyed your company.

why now de-lurk? (aside: i like that "de-lurking" is
an accepted expression on this list.) the reason is
pragmatic. my boyfriend and i are planning to attend
both the toronto and montreal shows in february,
following the tragic miscalculation of 2003 (we were
living in montreal at the time, and decided not to go
to the toronto show -- the band's only canadian stop
during the dcw tour. i don't really remember why).
we've since relocated to toronto.

is anyone else planning to attend both shows? would
you maybe be driving from toronto (february 25) to
montreal (february 26) and back again? we'd be more
than happy to subsidize gas money (or split the cost
of a car rental). i'd also bring cupcakes. who could
refuse that offer?

you may have reservations about taking six-hour road
trips with complete strangers, possibly along the line
of my boyfriend's own concerns when i first broached
this plan ("what if they're serial killers who prey on
belle & sebastian fans?"). rest assured, we're
entirely non-threatening.

please e-mail me off-list if you think you might be
interested. neither show is sold out yet, as far as i
know.

thanks,
layla