Sinister: PUT THE BOOK BACK ON THE collection

B. Clay Moore hawaiiandick at xxx.com
Sun Jan 22 22:35:15 GMT 2006

Hi, list-

I've been off the Sinister list for a few years, but I've recently
rejoined, and I wanted to share with everyone a B&S project I helped
put together.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not making a dime off this book, but I
want to see it succeed for a couple of reason...one, because I want to
promote Belle & Sebastian, and two, because I want to see more
projects along these lines.

Along with Eric Stephenson of Image Comics (the number three comic
book publisher in North America), I helped put together a comic
anthology of stories by top cartoonists, based on the songs of Belle &
Sebastian. We did so with the band's blessing, although without their
direct participation (aside from keeping Stuart abreast of our
progress).  I was the head of PR & Marketing at Image when we began
the process of putting the book together, but I'm now totally
freelance.

The result is a beautiful thing, called PUT THE BOOK BACK ON THE
SHELF, and it will be available next month. We managed to track down a
number of brilliant creators who enjoy the band's music, and the
results are truly special. I'm extremely proud of it, and I hope it
strikes a chord with B&S fans everywhere, and that it leads more
people to the band's work.

You can already order the book at Amazon UK or Amazon US:

Just enter "Put the book back on the shelf" in the search field.

The US listing has the proper cover art (by Laurenn McCubbin).

Again, I'm not making a penny off the book, so please don't think I'm
spamming the list for commercial purposes.

I just think all of Sinister will enjoy the book, since that's who I
had in mind when I suggested B&S as the best band to represent. It was
a bit selfish, as they're my favorite band bar none, but I also knew
the band's aesthetic would appeal to indie cartoonists and creators.

If people are interested, I'll be glad to explain how the book came together.

Bestest-
BCM

---------
hawaiiandick.com