Sinister: Offbeat indiepoppunk night returns for 2006 - Sheffield UK

Dr C B Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 27 14:10:45 GMT 2006

* Offbeat *

Sheffield's legendary indiepoppunk night

Friday 3rd February (9th Birthday Party)

9pm to 1am

@ The Foyer, Sheffield University, Glossop Rd,
Sheffield
admission £3.00 on the door
includes free lollipops & stickers
(one-off change of venue due to building work!)

and then we return to our (newly enlarged!)
traditional venue...

Friday 17th February
Friday 3rd March (Pulp Special)
Friday 17th March
Friday 31st March (Pixies Special)

9pm to 1am

@ The Raynor Lounge, Sheffield University SU,
Glossop Rd, Sheffield
admission £3.00 on the door
includes free lollipops & stickers

- voted as the UK's ultimate indie disco - BBC
Radio 6, May 2005 -

playing classic leftfield indie, pop-punk, C86,
new indiepop underground and lo-fi sounds from
the likes of ...

Belle and Sebastian - Pavement - Interpol -
Architecture in Helsinki - Delgados - Smiths -
Futureheads - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Art
Brut - Shins - Half Man Half Biscuit - Sonic
Youth - Pixies - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bright Eyes -
Mclusky - Arcade Fire - Polyphonic Spree -
Ballboy - Buzzcocks - Long Blondes - Wedding
Present - Hefner - Strokes - Manics -
Decemberists - Dead Kennedys - Rilo Kiley - Fall
- Graham Coxon - Field Mice - Kenickie - Sleater
Kinney - REM - Postal Service - Joy Division -
Envelopes - Hidden Cameras - Stereolab - Nirvana
- Pastels - Aislers Set - Morrissey - Gorky's
Zygotic Mynci - White Stripes - Elastica - Super
Furry Animals - Bis - Ash - Talulah Gosh -
Camera Obscura - At the Drive-in - Helen Love -
Idlewild - Dressy Bessy - British Sea Power -
Moldy Peaches - Ride - ...Trail of Dead - Jesus
and Mary Chain - My Bloody Valentine - Urusei
Yatsura - Undertones - Rakes - Shop Assistants -
Eels - Sebadoh - ... and many more

* more information, including past playlists and
admission details for non-students, at
www.offbeatsheffield.com *