Sinister: She said "CHU ain't ugly, you KEN kiss me if you like"

Rachel Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Sat Jul 15 00:30:09 BST 2006

Hello Sinister!!

I must say that Ken Chu is still impressing me with his clever
keystrokes, even after all of these years! Most of my knickers are
red, so I'm sure to have a clean pair to wear to a picnic next month,
not that anyone will really know (whether they're red OR clean!) I
usually try to avoid being photographed in pants on social outings
but mostly because there's no way I could look better than Ken does
in undie photos, the beefcake. So you'll just have to take my word
for it.

A couple of weekends ago, Ken and I were walking along the seaside
discussing the raging music scene in Hastings. Robster took a photo
of Gaylords Hair Centre. Ben ate jellied eels. Marianna and Ken
frolicked in the sea. We decided that if this were five years ago,
we'd probably post something about it on Sinister. I used to post
anything and everything here. Mostly I just talk to people now, but I
realise that most of these people are the same I met through this
list. I guess that's part of the reason why I left posting for so
long.

Like Ian, I was recently listening to The Boy With The Arab Strap and
feeling really nostalgic and happy. I think TWATTYBUS withstands the
test of time. Ben and I heard a song or two from Dear Catastrophe
Waitress again after not hearing it for quite a while and I recall, I
think we both kind of like it. I wonder what The Life Pursuit will
sound like in three years ... or eight years?

Actually, I've been wanting to post ever since The Life Pursuit was
released, about a strange picture I get in my head when I hear "The
Blues Are Still Blue". I have an image in my mind of washing machine
races, where people put an off-balance load of laundry in a couple of
washing machines and when they start them, they shake so much that
they "walk" and the winner is the one that crosses the finish line
first. I must have seen it on tv or in a film, probably when I was a
kid. That's what I think of when I hear that song. You know,
laundrette, place a little bet ... yep. I told Ben about it and he
thought I was a little screwy, too. But I'm not embarrassed. If
anyone is going to appreciate it, it will be someone who still reads
Sinister posts.

Anyone? Anyone?
Voodoo economics.

love,