Sinister: A Summer Wasting

Ailsa Watson ailsa_watson72 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 20 11:48:07 BST 2006

Blimey.  What's brought you lot out then?  Pasty-faced indie geeks sitting
in front of the computers avoiding the sunshine? Surely not.  Get out of the
city and into the sunshine, kids!  That's what I've been doing.  Except it's
not sunny any more.  And I'm in my office.  Still, I tried.

Picnicking sounds fun.  I haven't been to a Sinister picnic since the heady
days of the R!A!H! gig in 2001.  That's, like, FIVE YEARS AGO.  And that was
in London, too.  Glasgow should picnic once more.  There's still enough of
us here.  Even if none of them post any more. <---- hypocrisy alert!

Archel is right about Mornington Crescent, as she is about so many things.
It wouldn't be a B&S album without a clunker though, would it?  On the other
hand, I think Dress Up In You may be my favouritest B&S song of, ooh, a long
time.  Possibly ever.  I have seen them twice live already this year, and
shall complete the hat-trick at Princes Street Gardens in August.   Princes
Street Gardens!  That's, like, massive!  I remember when they were playing
wee places, to small huddles of adoring Sinisterines.  Actually, they never
really did that, did they?  It was all reasonably-sized venues, jammed to
the rafters.  Still, I like to think I was there when it was small and
intimate, rather than the monstrous rock behemoth that is stadium-friendly
B&S.  They've got awfully good live these days.  Seems so long since the
shambling giggling messes of (gulp) 10 years ago.

Anyway, yeah, picnic.  We should do that.

Ailsa xx