Sinister: The kids are melting in the doorway

jo perry joiscurious at xxx.com
Thu Jul 20 13:30:32 BST 2006

To all the sun baked and listless, I am sat cross
legged on chewing gummed carpet, to the left are my
year 9 English class, the urchins are sweaty in their
untucked shirts, flavoured with an impulse/lynx
concoction that is impossible not to taste.

For those of you unaware of my occupation I am a
teacher and having wiggled my data projector cable
vehemently for 20 minutes in the hope of screening
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest"
on a whiteboard that flashes a variety of colours in
acid house reverence (red screen, blue screen, white
screen etc) I have decamped the entire class to the
end of the corridor by the fire escape. So the
children now line the way out, if the fire bell sounds
there will be no flames licking their uniformed hides-
just senior management to answer to when they wonder
why my children seem so readily poised for tragedy.

This rambling actually does have some meaning beyond
the general thrill I get from working with wireless
technology. I just wanted to know if anyone has seen
"The blues are still blue" promotional music video- it
is set in a launderette- Mrs Apps had it right all
along.

And far less importantly-
Has anyone spotted my haphazard use of punctuation? It
has all gone out of the window...

One more day until the six week break, I am clawing my
way there.

Jo Perry, she who loves you. x