Sinister: The kids are melting in the doorway

duke of harringay duke at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 20 17:58:35 BST 2006

Gosh, only one more day of school? We have three more days next week!
grrrr. Except i will not be there on Monday because, ahem, i will be
ill. Actually, whisper it, i will be flying home from Paris. The
Duchess and I are off to see the end of the Tour De France. Sorry,
sporting activity there... not very twee, is it? Oh well. And on the
last day i will be helping judge the Year 9 song writing competition.
Lucky old me.

Picnics sounds smashing. I wish i had managed to get it together
enough back in the day and actually attended one. In those days
however London seemed to desperately distant from the sleepy south
west. These days i seem to be dashing up there on a regular basis.
Well, every month or so. That's more than regularly enough for my
bank manager i think. Ho hum. Is the date for a London picnic up for
debate? Cos sadly i can't make the 26th (wedding to attend in Troon,
or Irvine, or Prestwick, or one of those godforsaken Scottish seaside
towns of my childhood nightmares) but i will be in London on the 19th
for the Pants Yell! show. Yay! for Pants Yell!! If you haven't heard
them, erm, well, you should. They played with Jens Lekman (oo-er
missues) when Jens was in the States, dont you know. And with The Boy
Least Likely To too. Yum. So yeah, if the picnic was on the 19th then
i could be there. Maybe... which seems reason enough for ANYone to
want to have it on the 26th.

i haven't been to the Glasgow necropolis for years and years... it's
scary when i stop and think about it. Must be nigh on twenty years...
sheesh. And man, is it really nine years since Sinister crept into
the world, wiping the sleep from her eyes to brightly embrace the
dawn of, um, well the dawn of something pretty damn cool. Who'd have
thought then that we'd be still here, talking about shows in
Edinburgh's Princes St Gardens. Scary.

Anyway, all this activity has had me digging out those old (and not
so old!) B&S records and thrilling to them all over again. And oooh,
it IS bloody spine tinglingly lovely.

keep the faith
The Duke

www.unpopular-records.com
the most unpopular records ever
po box 505, stoke canon, devon, ex5 4wz, uk