Sinister: feelings or memories of past things

Rachel sunnie_set at xxx.com
Thu Jul 20 19:27:42 BST 2006

Hiya,

How strange. I was sitting at work today thinking about posting to sinister.
I was thinking about all the sinister adventures, and sinister # chats and
sinister friends and started to feel all nostalgic. Then I came home and
logged into my sinister emailing account and found millions and millions of
emails. Maybe summer is just a sinister time of year.

Onto posting about my thoughts from work.

 "Arghh, die stupid boss person! I can not do any more work then you are
currently giving me. Leave me alone stupid customers on the phone. I'm sorry
we can't send you what you order in 20 seconds flat but you live in the
other end of the country.

Wait it wasn't those thoughts I meant.

We were driving through Northumbria. Bright sun flashes dancing in front our
eyes. We were listening to "If you are feeling sinister" recorded live at
the barbican. I like listening to that and thinking about people I know
dancing and smiling and singing. I drunk shloer out of the bottle to my
imagined disapproval of on looking cars.

"Drinking a soft drink which looks like wine at 10am in the morning.
Straight out of the bottle too. What is the world coming to?"

A fly smashed into the windscreen smearing blood that looked like jam.  I
felt kind of happy and sad all at once. Sometimes all those people and
places seem so far away and so long ago - they were good people and good
times (Too sentimental? Yes.)

But, I'm excited by all this posting. Picnics are good! & I am coming!

People have also been talking about ipods dying. I when I first ever posted
I wrote about my cassette walkman dying. Technology moves so fast. I can't
keep up.

I listened to my first ever podcast this week by ballboy
(http://www.ballboymusic.com/downloads/ballboypodcast.mp3). I'm not even
sure what makes a podcast a podcast but this one involves talking and
singing and drinking beer.

I like ballboy. They feel like B&S to me. They don't sound like B&S to me
though. But they mean something, they make me feel something. I'm obsessive
about them.

I must go now. I have to pack and get ready to see sini-kid Grainne!

See you soon. It'll be great!

Take Care

Rachel

http://www.myspace.com/thelocalheroes