Sinister: New York July 4th Show

Nancy K. bonslivres at xxx.com
Wed Jun 7 16:05:58 BST 2006

Hi all!
   I've been lurking for a few months here (don't know what took me so
long to look for a B&S list, I've loved them for about 7 years now). I
was going to post about the two New York shows back in March but life
kept me too busy to do so (they were fantastic and cemented my
boyfriend becoming a convert to B&S). I'm Nancy, a librarian in the
suburbs just north of New York City. (No, I don't have a bun and I try
to keep shusshing to a minimum. Get that stereotype out of your head!
*grin*)
    Anywho, the gist of this post is: can anyone in NYC drag along a
friend on the 27th to score me two tickets for the July 4th show in
Battery Park? I have to work that day. I was going to try to take a
vacation day but looks like half of my small library's staff will be
on vacation then already, so I can't even leave early *sigh* and being
a 35 minute train ride outside the city I can't get anywhere in time
to get tix that day. I was wondering if any listees are going that day
to get tix and can drag along a friend who's not interested in the
concert to get me two tickets? I would be eternally grateful. Please
contact me off list at bonslivres at gmail.com.
    I've been watching their website, and waiting for their mailing
list to announce details on how to get tickets for that show. What a
huge disappointment when I checked the website today and found out
there's no way I can get to the ticket locations on time.
    Thanks for listening to me whine. I've really been enjoying
everyone's posts for the past few months and look forward to more.

  Best,
   Nancy the Librarian

--
"Democracy is meaningless if the people can't get accurate information."

—Howard Zinn, Alternative Radio Interview, 7/21/04