Sinister: This Saturday - Darren Hayman of Hefner DJs at HDIF at The Phoenix

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Thu Jun 15 12:12:07 BST 2006

Hello Sinister!

Hope you don't mind me popping in with a HDIF email. It's been an exciting
few months for me - I've been working on a HDIF compilation and we get the
actual finished CDs next Wednesday. Woo-hoo! It's all very scary and
exciting. I've been dreaming about doing a record label forever, but now
suddenly it's all happening and it's going to be real. I'm not entirely sure
I'm in total control of it, but it's too late to stop now...!

But before all that, there's this.

We've very very pleased to announce that this Saturday, HDIF returns to the
Phoenix on Cavendish Square in central London. Our guest DJ
is Darren Hayman of Hefner fame. Darren turned in an excellent set last time
he DJ-ed at HDIF, so we're really looking forward to this.

As it's our first night back at the Phoenix and our first night on a
Saturday, it's super important that we kick off with a bang. So please
please please come along and support us in our new home. I'm sorry there's
been so much upheaval over the last few months, but hopefully this will see
us settled for good.

The indie track of the week is: "If Looks Could Kill" by Camera Obscura
The soul track of the week is: "Mississippi Delta" by Bobbie Gentry

And please let me know what you'd like to hear. It's always better when I've
got a load of excellent requests to boost my set...!

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Ian x

---------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday June 17th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP, three minutes walk from
Oxford Circus tube station, 10pm-3am, £4 members, £6 non members. Membership
is free from http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Darren Hayman (Hefner)

We play:
The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange
Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The
Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight
Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore * The Orchids