Sinister: and also ...

Robert Hirst robert.hirst at xxx.com
Thu Jun 29 23:21:02 BST 2006

I saw this message on the mailing list:

On 6/29/06, Lawrence Mikkelsen <lawrencemikkelsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> whilst I'm howling like a beagle in a wind tunnel, let it be said ...
>
> a) "Let's get Out of The Country" by Camera Obscura is a work of
> utter, utter genius. Not only that, but you won't hear a better single
> than "Lloyd, I'm Ready To be Heartbroken" this year. Or eveer,
> possibly.
> Much love
>
> Lawrence

and I felt obligated to lend my support. They're an absolutely great
band with three great albums (Biggest Blue Hi-Fi, Underachievers
Please Try Harder and Let's Get Out of This Country.) Their first
album sounds like a more-guitar led (especially the last track) B&S -
understandable perhaps, as Stuart Murdoch produced it and Richard did
the drums. Underachievers was a more instrumentally diverse album, and
it moved the band away from being a very B&S influenced band to one
with their own sound.

Their newest album, Let's Get Out is a great album which you should
all purchase. If you can find the EPs as well, check those out, as
they've got some great songs, like "Let's Go Bowling" or, "A Red, Red
Rose".

Seriously folks, check them out. They're got everything a B&S fan will
enjoy; literate lyrics, chiming guitars and a lovely voice propelling
it all.

Oh, and hello! This is my first posting here.

Rob