Sinister: 3-9-06 Louisville, Kentucky

john barrick astroboy at xxx.com
Fri Mar 10 06:33:56 GMT 2006

just got back from the show (120 miles) and thought I'd post a quick
report before bed.  I took my 15 year old son with me, who has never
been to a concert before, and I made it a surprise.  To make a long (and
convoluted) story short, he thought the surprise was seeing The New
Pornographers - you should have seen his face when B&S hit the stage and
he recognized Stuart's voice.  The moment was priceless.

Anyway, it was a great show.  The band was in good form and everyone
appeared happy, with Stuart and Stevie joking around quite a bit.  The
audience got out of their seats on the third song and never sat back
down - not like the last time I saw them.

The set list was:

Stars of Track and Field
Another Sunny Day
Belle and Sebastian
Sukie in the Graveyard
Electronic Renaissance
Seymour Stein
Dog On Wheels
Sleepyheads
Dress Up In You
Slow Graffiti
Acts of The Apostles I&II
Simple Things
I'm A Cuckoo
Jonathan David
White Collar Boy
Judy and The Dream of Horses

and they encored with:
Fox In The Snow
Me And The Major

I hope everyone enjoys Chicago and beyond as much as I did tonight.

Cheers,
jb