Sinister: This Friday - John NPL DJs at HDIF in north London

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Mar 15 17:10:51 GMT 2006

Hello Sinister!

Hope you don't me posting this on here. It's the first night in our new
venue and we've just got the one night to prove ourselves. If you could come
along and support us, that would be wonderful...! Hopefully it'll go OK and
we won't be turfed out on our ear, but I always worry about these things.
First nights are always nervewracking...or is that nervewrecking? Both
probably...!

Anyway, here's the blurb...!

This Friday is the first HDIF at Nambucca, our new venue in north London.
It's a lovely, atmospheric old pub venue - a great back room, and loads of
room at the front bar. There's also a screen in the bar and we've put
together a HDIF DVD of classic indie pop and soul videos - Dexys, Smiths,
B&S, Hefner, Weather Prophets, loads and loads. Can't wait to see it in
action...!

The guest DJ for Friday is John Hunt from Glasgow's legendary National Pop
League club night. He turned in a superb set last time he DJed at HDIF -
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/johnhunt.html - and knowing John, he'll have
worked really hard to put together an even better set for this time. He's on
between 10.30pm and midnight. As there's five Fridays in March, this will be
the last HDIF for three weeks....so please come along for a dance!

Plus!

Tickets for our HDIF Presents show on Thursday April 13th starring Tender
Trap (with Clauda Gonson on drums), Fosca and Strange Idols are selling
steadily. You can pick one up from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/9462

That's it for now. Hope to see you on Friday!

Ian x

---------------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday March 17th
Nambucca, 596 Holloway Road, London N7 6LB
9pm-2am, £4 for members, £6 non members, membership is free from
www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: John Hunt (National Pop League)

We play: The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield *
Belle & Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes *
Orange Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt *
The Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys
Midnight Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore * The
Orchids

Indie pop, nothern soul, tamla motown, girl groups, sixties heartbreak.