Sinister: Report from concert in San Francisco

Ben Harper harperb at xxx.com
Thu Mar 23 05:01:05 GMT 2006

That indeed would have been nice to have gotten Bay Area folk
together!  I was there last night and really enjoyed it...I forgot to
post to the list to see if anyone wanted to get together before/
after, but oh well, maybe next time!  The band seemed spunky but a
bit tired, given that it's the last few days or so of their US tour,
and sleeping on a busses, planes and trains must get old after a few
weeks.  I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl in
July (where hopefully, refreshed, they'll do many of their amazing
chamber/real piano/harpsichord/orchestral pieces).  Sarah and the
unknown instrumentalist were very much in fine form last night, but
with a 40-60 piece orchestra, it can only get better (in my humble
opinion).  I saw Air with the LA Philharmonic a few years ago at the
Hollywood Bowl, which was one of the most memorable concerts i've
ever been to.  Anyone else going from the list?  I'm hoping it'll be
one to remember...

--Ben