Sinister: HDIF Presents this Thursday!

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Nov 8 20:55:23 GMT 2006

Hello!

This Thursday is our latest HDIF Presents show at the Windmill in Brixton.
Flavorpill London wrote this lovely preview about the night:

"No one throws dance parties for sensitive indie kids quite like How Does It
Feel. Having played host to off-kilter bands such as Tilly and the Wall and
Lucky Soul, they're back with an indie-pop line-up guaranteed to get Mary
Jane-shod feet shuffling. The Steadies deliver swoony lyrics and xylophones
(think the Concretes with more Y chromosomes), and Bristolian Frenchman
François proffers sweet, lo-fi balladry. Amida's hopelessly catchy, jangly
guitar tunes and Mancunian mischievousness top off what's sure to be a swell
night of dancing for gangly boys and arty, bespectacled lasses."

Tickets are here: http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/hdiflive.html

Doors 8pm
The Darlings 8.30-9
The Steadies 9.15-9.45
Francois 10-10.30
Amida 10.45

And!

While I'm here, another plug for the HDIF compilation. I've got about 30
copies of the first print run left, and I'm trying to work out whether we
should repress. It would be nice if we could...! The compilation costs £8.99
plus P&P and is available from here -
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/shop.html

Here are some kind words on the album from the ladies and gentlemen of the
press. Bless their hearts!

"A perfect companion to our own 'indiepop' compilation. This is without
doubt the best overview of 'indiepop' in 2006." - Rough Trade
"Lovingly compiled by the curators of London's best indiepop club night How
Does It Feel To Be Loved?, "The Kids In The Club" is the genre's own State
of the Union address." - Yahoo Music
"A fine introduction to current indie-pop up-and-comers, complete with
detailed liner notes. Both longtime followers of the scene and curious
newbies will all likely find their own tracks to love." - Pitchfork
"The story of How Does It Feel to Be Loved? is one of heartfelt love for new
music, and this CD is filled with the same. It¹s sequenced like the most
obsessed-over mixtape, one where the creator stayed up nights figuring out
the best songs to select, and the perfect order to put them in. The Kids at
the Club is filled with songs that in their two or three minutes make you
feel like new music is something worth caring about, like there are still
songs out there worth falling head over heels in love with." - PopMatters
"19 mighty fine reasons to be cheerful about the oft' much maligned genre of
indie pop, and there's not a Belle and Sebastian re-issue to be seen; the
torch has been passed and it's in safe hands." - Playlouder
"The album is much like a night at the club (complete with photos of regular
attendees throughout the booklet) - a satisfying mixture of varying styles
and hidden treasures. This is the top contender for compilation of 2006." -
Amazon
"Twenty years after the release of the seminal 'C-86' cassette, London club
night How Does It Feel To Be Loved? has released its own generation-defining
compilation. If you care about independent music in 2006, then you need this
album." - HMV

Hope to see you on Thursday!

Ian x