Sinister: countries beginning with an S...

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 18 23:03:50 BST 2006

Like Scotland. Or SWEDEN, which is well on its way to being the new
Scotland, music-wise.
Apologies in advance for yet another shameless plug; but actually I don't
think I've used my free shameless plug card yet, and besides, it's also got
content! Kinda.
For those of you still managing to lurk around these parts, or who are not
playing the Myspace game (shock! horror!), hello, my name is Stacey and I
run a club night here in Glasgow called Sounds of Sweden, featuring - you
guessed it - the delectable sounds of Sweden, both on the decks and on
stage. You may have read about us in The Guardian or... hahah sorry, always
wanted to say that, and it's kinda true...
ANYWAY. Our next 'do is tomorrow/tonight depending on when you read this -
Thursday, Oct 19, at the Admiral Bar in Waterloo Street, Glasgow, featuring
the swoonworthy resonating deep soulful sounds of The Fine Arts Showcase and
Blood Music. I've got loads of savoury titbits about both bands, but I'll
spare you all that just now. It's all up on our website, with music samples,
photos (they're cute! as par the course with these Swedes it seems. mmmm
yum!) and other fun stuff - http://www.myspace.com/soundsofsweden
In between, I'll be spinning some choice poppy pop pop, including, perhaps,
a Swedish cover of Photo Jenny? (see! content! more below, I swear...)
While I'm at it, I might as well plug next month as well and get it over
with in one e-mail. Besides, it's a BIG ONE and VERY EXCITING and I can
barely shut up about it. We've got the amazing, stunning, incredible Hello
Saferide, with Maia Hirasawa and Glasgow's own best-kept secret, The Poems,
whose album, recently released on US label Minty Fresh, features guest
vocals by none other than former B&S bird Isobel Campbell! Maybe she'll even
put in an appearance at the gig. Ooooh eeee!
I suppose I should mention the date eh? Wednesday, Nov 15. Same place.
Tickets available in advance (yup, we so classy like that) from Tickets
Scotland or Monorail. Or at tomorrow/tonight's gig (minus booking fee!
Bonus!).
Phew. It's over. I feel so dirty. Won't happen again, I promise. Well, at
least not anytime soon.
Forgive me?

-s