Sinister: Belle & Sebastian in Iceland!

Guðmundur Jóhannsson gummi at xxx.net
Mon Sep 11 00:39:12 BST 2006

Hello all,

I dont like my Sinister folder in my email program to be so empy and
lifeless. Come on people, we have recently got a new LP, a few
singles and a whole world tour and the list is almost dying.

In the end of july 2006 my beloved Belle & Sebastian finally came to
Iceland to do a gig. Not one but two and the second gig was rather
special I might add. Both gigs sold out in matter of hours of course,
we have been waiting for a few years for this.

The first gig was here in Reykjavik at Nasa which holds about 800 to
900 people. Earlier the day the gig was I managed to get in to the
sound check which was rather special. Nothing spectacular about it
but fun nonetheless to see B&S up close and personal doing their
stuff, doing some covers and playing songs for a few hours.

The gig itself was great and all that the atmosphere was great and
the band probably felt the same.

The second gig was held at Borgarfjörður Eystri which is on the other
side of the country. It´s a rural coastal town with population under
100 people. The concert was held in a old haddock smelting plant
turned to concert hall and about 500 indie kids drove 770km to see
Belle & Sebastian play at this amazing place.

As my gift to you here is the whole concert at Borgarfjörður as
recorded by Icelandic National Radio.

The setlist was great, a good mix between old and new.

Enjoy,
http://www.simnet.is/gummijoh/belleiceland.zip

As we have in recent years traded radio recordings on this list I
think this would be OK too. If not just let me know and I will pull
the file offline.

Have a nice day,

Gummi
Iceland