Sinister: The Sounds Of Industry.

Gayle E. Anderson popsingersfear at xxx.com
Tue Apr 3 16:24:10 BST 2007

Sinister.

The weekend.

Work is good. its much better, not working with people. Horses are easier to
understand and I am not concerned in the slightest by their attitudes or the
standard of their personal hygiene.

On Sunday, Ken Chu informed me of his presence in Scotland. After
establishing that this was not an April Fools I joined him for a pint. Or
two. Or three. Or so.
Then, Glasgow bore witness to Sinister vs Bowlie Table Football.
Any comments?
"..."

Monday.

A hangover prevented me seeing any of the morning. The afternoon brought
nothing. The evening brought bowling and pool.
1-1 for bowling (although....my '1' was a higher score than her '1')
And I won at pool.

Today.

Its nice and sunny outside, I can see this from my position at this desk.
Sunny, with a bit of a breeze. In the background I can hear the radio, the
sound of printing, the sound of the boys in the factory singing and joking.

There is dust on the window sills and wooden panelling on the walls.
Personalised comic strips, photographs, calanders, sponsorships, data
control, drawings and a clock, that tells the wrong date.

Facing these windows is a whitish rough cast wall, with one fire exit (that
I can see) and no windows. The upper half of the wall is corrugated brown
metal.

In front of the wall bushes grow half heartedly, yet remain well groomed.
The sky is clear and blue with but a slight whisp of a cloud that will
disappear with the breeze. A parking ticket from Prestwick airport, below a
software cd and a bluetooth headset user manual to my right,  tells me that
someone has been flying. Then I remember that someone is in Dublin.

The business cards have changed, from when their appearance was imprinted in
my memory. They've kept with the times, unlike the date on the clock.

Time could be standing still, if it wasn't for the steady, continuous pulse
of industry in the background.

Sometimes, you just know when its time for a cup of tea. And that time is
now.