Sinister: Hello lovers...

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Mon Apr 30 10:54:27 BST 2007

.... of music. Music lovers. Yeah. Hello!
Any interest in makin' sweet love...ly music and saving the world AT THE
SAME TIME? Ooh! I've gotten myself involved in helping to organise the UK's
biggest music festival. It'll take place over the entire month of October,
in loads of venues across the UK, and all proceeds will benefit Oxfam. It's
cleverly called Oxjam. Last year was its first outing, and they made half a
million pounds! This year, we're aiming for a cool million.
Anyway... I thought I'd try to lure some sad yet soulful bedroom devotees
out of their bedrooms to get involved. We're currently recruiting official
event organisers, who will be all trained up proper-like, to put on some of
the bigger events, or a bunch of small ones, or whatever their little twee
hearts desire! There's only a few more days left to sign up for these posts,
but you can do it here: http://www.oxfam.org.uk
Otherwise, we'll take all the help we can get, so even if you don't want to
commit to throwing a big shindig yourself, you can still get involved in
other ways. You and your colleagues can get sponsored to participate in a
'work opera', for instance, where you spend an entire day communicating
solely through song. Or you could dress up as a gorilla and deliver singing
telegrams. Or you could fry up some banana and peanut butter Elvis
sandwiches as part of a rock star luncheon. Or you could just volunteer to
be my minion as I try to coordinate a couple hundred gigs in Glasgow. Phew!
Won't that be fun!
If you visit the above site, there will be more info and local contacts, or
you can email me. I'd especially like to hear from Glasgow folk, as I'm
bursting with ideas for events here, but I'm not supposed to put on any of
them myself. Some of them even include our beloved belles and friends. Mmmm
hmmm. Incentive enough?

In other news, another festival was in town this weekend - Triptych - and
some of us Sinisterenes were lucky enough to attend an epic day of fab music
organised by the illustrious Stephen Pastel and friends. although I've lived
in Glasgow now for coming on five years and see Stephen about toon on a
pretty regular basis, I had never seen The Pastels perform, so it was quite
a treat! There were tons of them on stage, too. They roped in loads of
friends, mostly of Teenage Fanclub and Tenniscoats fame, and did TWO sets -
an early, wee bit experimental 'quiet' set, and a full-on closing set at the
late hour of 11pm (which was sadly more difficult to hang on for than I'd
like to admit). It was pretty gosh-darn special! And in between we were
treated to other fantastic sets from the adorable and talented Tenniscoats,
the amazingly rockin' ladies of Electrolane, wacky local popsters The Royal
We (featuring our very own wee Patrick!) and the quirky cool Pierre Bastien.
Sadly, I had to work yesterday and therefore missed what was surely another
amazing show for the Ballads of the Book, a super ace project combining
Scottish artists and musicians. If you haven't heard about it, check it out
here: http://www.chemikal.co.uk/news.htm There's a CD to be bought there
too, so if you're willing to part with a few squid, there ya go!

There's been loads of good stuff happening 'round here, with even more to
come! Indian Summer is shaping up to be a pretty ace, so if anyone is
looking for an excuse to come visit, July 14-15 would be a good time.
http://www.indiansummerglasgow.com
Yeah!
Hope y'all are well!

-stacey