Sinister: Birthdays

Hewitt Stephen -DAIS Stephen.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 6 10:39:01 BST 2007

ello babies

i've been in the nursery again, but now i'm back, from my fourth different .ac.uk address, how time flies...

daddy moore, he sa:

 CONGRATULATIONS to Chris & Vicky on the birth
> of son Aidan Paisley earlier on today.

and we say "hurrah", although my money was on "Gerrard" in the sweep ;)

> From one Sinister birthday to another one. I think
> that someone well organised like Mighty Ken Chu should
> post some instructions, plans, timetables, etc. for
> the 10th Anniversary Sinister Red Pants Day. Just so
> that everyone knows what's going on.

will i do?  of course, modern young persons might like to point their facebooks to: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2555826720 where they will see who is and isn't coming.

for those still eschewing the chance to play scrabble with 17 year old canadians rather than actually doing proper work, here is the news:

Sinister 10th Birthday Picnic
SATURDAY 25th AUGUST
Primrose Hill (top of, under those trees, as per)
London
from 2pm ish
bring FOOD and BOUZE and HAPPYS

Now, there is mild dissent in the ranks of 12ft lizards about evening plans.  We were thinking about having a DISCO with INDIE MUSIC, but the venue we could have got for free is not available SO we'd have to pay to hire somewhere (ie The Betsey), BUT i'm rather afeared that a lot of the people coming will be tootling off once it gets dark, so we'd be left with all having to chip in quite a bit for the hire costs.  The other option currently being proposed by myself and a certain Ms F Candarel* formerly of this parish, is just to go to a pub (possibly the spread eagle, maybe even somewhere else), and then let the wonders of Camden on a saturday night provide us with indie with much less hassle (although probably many more records released in the last five years).

What do other people think (will x-post this to Other Places)?

> For a change I am writing this from a beautiful
> Cornish farmhouse on a lovely sunny day

[cough]RICK STEIN[cough]

hopefully see lots of you in a couple of weeks then.

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

*i am only daring to mention this pseudonym because i know she'll never see it ;)