Sinister: Bye Bye Baby

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 9 15:24:40 BST 2007

I think Carsmile really should have titled his mail
'Ello, Babies', this time.

The Harrison has a strange frequency in my life, this
year. It seems to enter under one guise or another.
It's OK, actually, I think.

Carsmile, why have I, as always, not been invited to
be a disc jockey, at your disco? It seems to me you
have not 'carefully selected' quite carefully enough.

Steady Mike and I would not have met without sinister,
as we did on the 4th May 1998; so without it, not only
no 'Milk Bar' ep, but Stuart Storer and Gary Bloom
would feel much less well remembered by now.

Crikey - surely this can't be the same Stuart Storer?
He is described as a defender, but did play for
Birmingham then Everton. It must
be!http://www.hinckleyunitedfc.co.uk/club/pp/storer_stuart.html

For symmetry's sake I had better follow that up by
saying: for Blooming truth, see
ttp://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=40&threadid=1524
- rereading which has just told me about the encounter
between Barwry Took and Paul Morwley.

The Morrissey encounter is stunning - almost too
stunning to be true. It sounds like something that
could definitely have happened in 1986 or even 1989.
But 2007?

Oddly last night I read Simon Reynolds' M interview in
Bring The Noise, which is sufficicently longer than
the one in Blissed Out to make the book worth having,
maybe - and in this full take, M complains about high
levels of taxation in Britain! He actually says: 'It
seems like you're just not allowed to make money in
this country'. This was, as it happened, exactly the
same time, probably the same month, that Nigel Lawson
lowered the top rate of income tax from 60 to 40 per
cent. How did M feel about that?