Sinister: Now wash your hands

Ian Anscombe dimensionflip at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 9 21:11:33 BST 2007

Hello you,

You're looking mighty fine.  We're both a little older, but it suits
you.  You've grown into yourself.  There's a confidence there
that's...well, its kind of sexy.  What are you doing later?

Oh, okay.  No, its fine.  I'll probably wash my hair too.  What there
is left of it.

I've been meaning to write to you for a while, Sinister, but I've been
avoiding the computer.  There's one at work, you see, and the one at
home feels too much like it.  Also, when I turn it on and try and do
things like type e-mails, there are these subliminal messages it
flashes up to me.  There's a really terrifying, dark dark blue one
that shouts IF YO DON'T FIL IN APPLICATION FORMS YOU IS GOING HAVE NO
JOB AND YOU IS GOING TO HAVE TO PIMP YO ASS ROUND BALSALL HEATH AND NO
FUCKER IS GOING TO WANT TO BUY IT.  NOT A GAY MAN LIKES AN OLD ASS.
Very dark blue, dark, dark blue.  Eyes, like the sunrise.
There is an equally disturbing pastel pink one that whispers..."play
online scrabble.... play online scrabble...
meaningful and purposeful activity? Why do you need that....? (stop
smiling, Taylor) triple word scors, triple wrod scros....  "

But, for now, less of such frippery.  Who needs triple wrod scros,
when you have pICNICS!  Oh how lovely!  I've thought for so long how
nice it would be to go to one.  I mean, the Birmingham picnic mark II*
and the Sinister Tallinn Jamboree** were great, but they don't match a
TENTH BIRTHDAY.  I think we all need to wear our best party outfits.
Perhaps we could going in fancy dress.  Perhaps we should dress as
BEARS.  We are no longer twee teddy-bear clutchers, now we are FIERCE
BEARS who can take on the world!!!  YES!!!  Who is up for this?!?

Speaking of meet-ups, I clicked on a message to reply to this, and it
turned out it was Ken saying this:

> I'm all about going to places, this summer, it's going to be the
> summer
> of festivally fun, I think.

which was kind of nice, really, because I didn't see most of you at
Glastonbury, but I saw Ken, wandering up through a field, and we sat
in the mud and listened to an imaginary disco and very nice it was
too.

Also, Ken said this..

> P.S.: I haven't heard from "Faith" from myspace lately, I hope she's
> okay.  Perhaps she's gone to facebook.  I've pretty much abandoned
> all
> of the internet except for facebook.  Except you, sinister, cos I
> like
> you x

Its a shame about faith.  She always vanishes when you're expecting
her to stick around.  Perhaps you've been taking her for granted.
Cherish her, bring her flowers.  Send her your bank details.  I find
this last trick makes more friends on Myspace than anything else.

I wondered if there was a facebook sinister group?  Searching for
Sinister on facebook brings up about 8908098 groups.  It would be nice
to belong to another facebook group I don't actually read.  It would
give me something to think about when not filling my pretend aquarium.

Robin and Jim talked about the Green Man festival, which I wish I was
going to.  But I'm not.  Bummer.  I hope you have a nice Sinister
meet-up though.  On the up-side, I am going to the CONNECT FESTIVAL.
Which is in SCOTLAND and has TEENAGE FANCLUB, amongst others, playing.
I think there might be other Sinistereens attending too..apparently at
least one member, of far greater Sinister Stature than myself....but
hopefully they'll post about that...  Is anyone else coming??  It'll
be FUN, and not WET.

It seems everyone is having BABIES.  Well, big congratulations to all
of you.  I am hoping several of them will attend our picnic, and that
at least one will bring a teddy bear.  Which would be good, because
then we will be people dressed as BEARS holding teddy bears, and it'll
be DEAD FUNNY.  Also, as Morrissey is now practically a member of
Sinister (reflected glory is a marvellous thing), I suggest we invite
him too.  We can dress him up as a monkey.  He'd enjoy that.

So, babies, bears, monkeys and what else?  I think we should have a
COMPETITION!

THE DESIGN-A-SINISTER-COCKTAIL COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!

I was going to put instructions here, but they seem uneccessary.  And
we should all make one, and drink it in honour of the winner.  Good
idea?? Good idea!!  GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I think I've shot my bolt.  There's no more e-mail left in
this head.  Trust me, I've looked for it, and I've got no idea where I
left it.  Perhaps it is too much EXCITEMENT.  See you soon, folks.

HURRAY!!

xx
Ian

*The Birmingham picnic was actually 3 of us sat in a bar.  But it was
GRATE!!! Better than PEARS!  Maybe we should have another one one day.
**The Tallinn Jamboree was actually 3 of us sat in a variety of bars.
One of these people was not, technically speaking, a member of
Sinister.  But it was GRATE!!  Better than POMEGRANATES!!  Maybe we
should have another one one day.